Aptos Network & QuickNode: Solving Blockchain Challenges with Scalability to Move Web3 Towards Widespread Adoption
Aptos Network was created by a team of over 350 developers across the globe with the goal of solving the existing problems in Web3 that have been standing in the way of mass blockchain adoption.
Aptos Network is now live on the QuickNode platform!
We’re thrilled to announce the addition of Aptos Network as QuickNode’s 21st-supported blockchain protocol. By adding Aptos to our ecosystem, QuickNode will help developers on the Aptos chain move Web3 closer toward mass adoption with faster transaction speeds and lower fees than many other leading chains. Aptos provides developers with a seamless user experience backed by enhanced security and interoperability.
Aptos is a future-proof network focused on addressing the major issues commonly faced by other protocols and the blockchain ecosystem in general. One of the biggest hurdles faced by Web3 technology before reaching mass adoption potential is the viability of scalability solutions, namely high transaction fees and slow transaction speeds. This is a hurdle that Aptos meets head-on!
QuickNode’s Aptos Network infrastructure is now available to everyone on our platform. Get started on Aptos Network instantly!
Aptos is the Layer 1 blockchain creating a better user experience for the next digital era. Aptos’ breakthrough technology and programming language, Move, are designed to evolve, improve performance and strengthen web3 safeguards. With Aptos’ unique programming language, Move, and its modular architecture enabling frequent and nearly-instantaneous upgrades, developers can continuously enhance and refine their decentralized applications built on Aptos.
The Main Benefits of Aptos Blockchain:
- Native Integration of Move Language: The native language of Aptos blockchain is Move, a Rust-based language that helps to ensure fast and secure transaction execution. Known as “the Move Prover,” a formal verifier adds an extra layer of protection that safeguards contract invariants and behavior, which makes it more difficult for malicious players and entities to exploit potential network vulnerabilities.
- Flexible Key Management and Hybrid Custodial Options: With Aptos, users and developers have access to a versatile data model that allows for flexible key management and hybrid custodial options. This results in enhanced transaction transparency, which provides users with a safer, more trustworthy experience while interacting with the Aptos blockchain.
- Pipelined and Modular Transaction Processing: Transaction processing with Aptos employs a pipelined, modular approach to enable high throughput and low latency. Aptos optimizes hardware efficiency and maximizes parallel execution capabilities by concurrently executing transactions, batch storage, and ledger certification.
- Support for Complex Transactions: Other parallel execution engines impose limitations on developers that require upfront knowledge of data read and write operations. Unlike others, Aptos doesn’t restrict transaction complexity. This flexibility allows for higher throughput and lower latency, which simplifies real-world application development and improves overall network efficiency.
- Modular Architecture and Embedded Change Management: The modular architecture of Aptos prioritizes client flexibility, supporting frequent and nearly-instantaneous upgrades for applications built on the Aptos network. The change management protocols embedded on-chain enable rapid deployment of new technologies, making room for emerging Web3 use cases.
- Future Scalability Initiatives: Aptos blockchain is built for the future technologies we’re only beginning to see the possibilities of utilizing. The Aptos community is continuously exploring initiatives to scale beyond individual validator performance. Aptos’ modular design and parallel execution engine enables internal sharding of a validator and its homogeneous state sharding provides the potential for horizontal throughput scalability without adding additional complexity for node operators.
The idea is to unlock greater, before-unseen scalability and efficiency for both developers and users as the Aptos blockchain evolves.
“At Aptos, we are community-first and dedicated to providing the best user experience possible," said Mo Shaikh, CEO of Aptos Labs. "Our partnership with QuickNode equips their developers with the tools, support, and foundation needed to focus on what they do best- create.”
"The Aptos Network marks an essential advancement in blockchain scalability, and QuickNode is excited to support this groundbreaking, future-facing technology. By facilitating quick, reliable access to the Aptos Network, we're strengthening the capacity of the world's most dynamic blockchain developers to continue innovating and sculpting the future of web3," stated Dmitry Shklovsky, QuickNode Co-Founder and CEO.
How Aptos Blockchain Works
From an architectural standpoint, Aptos is composed of a network of validators using Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT) and Proof-of-Stake mechanisms to receive and process transactions. Validators, which includes prominent participants like Google Cloud, stake APT tokens to gain voting consensus power. Each validator’s influence is directly proportional to their staked amount of APT.
Based on their performance, validators can switch between active and inactive states. On the client side, both full nodes and light nodes are supported. Full nodes replicate both transactions and blockchain state. Light node clients, such as crypto wallets, maintain the current set of validators, helping to streamline their functionality.
Aptos is Built with the Move Programming Language
The foundation of Aptos blockchain is the Move programming language, a verifiable language developed by the Diem blockchain initiative that Aptos’ founders worked on and brought with them. Move is Rust-based, known for its flexibility, and simplifies the creation of custom transactions and smart contracts.
Move modules and Signer objects are the two main elements in Aptos’ architecture.
- Modules: Modules are basically script codes on the Aptos blockchain. They possess the ability to modify Aptos resources while not having their storage; modules can directly call other modules without needing transaction signing.
- Signer Objects: Signer objects play a huge role in the security of the Aptos chain. Signer objects are created during the signing of a transaction and register resources to an account, along with verifying user credentials.
One of Aptos’ most unique facets is its unique, powerful data model that’s centered around Resources. On the Aptos blockchain, Resources are non-copyable and non-droppable objects, which provide unparalleled security and decentralization. By default, module (AKA contract) calls do not waste Resources, facilitating empowered decentralization, as only individual users can register Aptos Resources to their account.
As a result, the innovative approach Aptos takes with Resources safesguards the blockchain against token spamming and further solidifies the integrity of the blockchain.
QuickNode makes blockchain infrastructure easy, freeing developers to focus on the dApps they’re building instead of everything that goes into running a node, such as DevOps/NodeOps, uptime, scaling, security, etc.
We save developers valuable time, getting their dApp to market faster while taking away the headache of node maintenance and synchronization. QuickNode is an indispensable tool for dApp developers’ arsenal that was created by developers for developers. Visit our guides section for more information.
Today, the QuickNode network processes over 200 Billion requests per month across over 13 regions worldwide.
To learn more about Aptos and its capabilities, visit the following resources:
QuickNode is building infrastructure to support the future of Web3. Since 2017, we've worked with hundreds of developers and companies, helping scale dApps and providing high-performance access to 22 blockchains. Subscribe to our newsletter for more content like this, and stay in the loop with what's happening in Web3!
About Aptos Network
Aptos is a next-generation Layer 1 blockchain. Aptos’ breakthrough technology and programming language, Move, are designed to evolve, improve performance and strengthen user safeguards. Please visit https://www.aptosfoundation.org for more information on the Aptos blockchain.